Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
Yield: 6 enchiladas
Recipe excerpted from EVERYDAY DINNERS by Jessica Merchant. Photo and Text Copyright @ 2021 by Jessica Merchant. Published by Rodale Books, an imprint of Random House Publishing Group, a division of Penguin Random House LLC.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil and add the sausage, cook until hot.
- Add the beaten eggs and gently fold through with the sausages until the egg starts to become firm. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Lay one tortilla on your cutting board and spoon about 1/2 cup of the egg mixture onto the center of the tortilla.
- Add about 1/2 cup of the hash browns and some grated cheddar.
- Start at the end of the tortilla closest to you and begin to tightly roll into a long tube.
- Transfer the enchilada to a lightly buttered or greased 13√ó9 inch baking pan.
- Repeat the process until all of the fillings have been used, making sure to save some cheese to sprinkle over the top of the enchiladas.
- Once the pan is full, pour the sauce over the tortillas and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling around the edges of the enchiladas.
- Garnish with some green onion (optional)